Saturday, April 3, 2010

Delicious Consumption

My newest purchase, The Vegan Table by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau... I've been gobbling up all of her podcasts via iTunes, Vegetarian Food for Thought, for 2-3 months now. I'm constantly full of inspiration because of this kind woman and I'm so ecstatic to get cooking with her meat, dairy and egg-free recipes in my mitts. I'm gonna be the hostest with the mostest and you're invited to dinner... I'll make you realize just how cool vegetables can be!

One of the many perty recipes in her book can get you this, without any animal products:



Purchasing this book today was a twofer... if you ever make it to Manchester, Vermont, I highly recommend you visit one of the most outstanding independent bookstores in the country, Northshire Bookstore (although I'm of course partial to Powell's, my hometown's proud baby!). Ahhhh, you could spend every waking minute here and still be excited about reading. This is the type of place that you will buy books in excess and not think twice about where you will put these books or how many people you'll have to ask to carry them for you once you move apartments.

These purchases were my reward for finishing up *most* of my outstanding paperwork while here in Vermont this weekend, and making some great new contacts here in this gorgeous state. Who can love you better than YOU? Reward yourself for some of your own good deeds and don't you think twice about it!

Read, cook, pat yourself on the back.

In joy!

No comments: