Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lost Wax Casting

This past weekend, I took a highly-entertaining intensive on the art of lost wax casting. I had a ball and have the pictures to prove it!



While I likely won't be doing my own pouring of 1300 degree molten metal into plaster flasks in the near future (and happily asking someone else to do it for me), I certainly will be indulging in making molds and wax models so that I can create one-of-a-kind silver and gold pieces for you jewelry lovers to enjoy.

And yes, you are seeing that right - the blooper pictures are enlarged for maximum enjoyment... handling such intense heat can only induce unbridled face-making and I wanted the world to witness the joy of a 1300 degree blaze.

Waxy endeavors to come! Stay tuned as things heat up around here...

No comments: